Running with Scissors

Yesterday I was cutting something and I decided it would be good idea to cut my finger also. It was a nice cut and it bled for hours. I wrapped it up and for the next 5 hours worked myself up into a frenzy about what to do about it. Butterfly it or get stitches. By the end of the day I was a complete mess, the irony was that if it had been one of the kids I wouldn't have even given it a second thought. But I am Mom, I don't get hurt and if I do I just deal with it. There were other factors that played in to my neurosis that made the situation worse. "T" called and new something was wrong so after me being difficult he said I am coming over to look at your finger and hung up. He took one look at it and drove me over to the urgent care center, held my hand the whole time. I needed someone to tell me what to do and take care of me, he did just that.

I am so grateful to have him in my life.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, that's the "bad" kind of "hurty"

    Kudo's to T and hope you heal fast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owie, Owie, Owie. A Kiss to make it better, form one mommy to the next. X

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch - we all need friends to look after us. Nice to know you have someone special in 'T' xxx

    ReplyDelete