Choosing to be

Sometimes when I read other blogs or comments the words make me think about something relevant in my life. Today, Aisha wrote a post on being vulnerable.
It seems like there is tremendous vulnerability in being submissive.  We purposely walk into situations that may trigger tremendous emotional pain.  In fact, we choose pain.  When and how it comes is not our choice, so we are not able to protect ourselves by being prepared for it. How does it work for dominants?  Are they walking into vulnerability too?  


These words spoke to me (probably not the way they were intended) in regards to something that came up. This is not a sad posting just more of a look inward to see how I want to proceed.

I am questioning whether to choose being vulnerable or stay in my protected shell with the wall up where I know I am safe...but am I happy?

I question what is the right thing to do, will I be judged and quite frankly will I be able to or is it just a memory I am holding on to?

So much to think about....

4 comments:

  1. As you always say, you have to go with your gut... what feels "right"... When the sound of the "what if's" or the "maybes" are drowned out by the "Damn this feels good" sounds, you know you have made the right choice...
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a powerful question to sit with.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I am faced with a choice, I have finally decided that the choice I make ,is, at the time, the right one? How do I know? because I made it. A choice isn't something we tend to do without a great deal of thought. You will make the right choice for you.
    Sometime being behind the wall is the right place...take a peek out and see how you feel...you may be surprised.
    HSxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I offer this quote from that obscure movie, Harold and Maude, "Maude: A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they are not dead, really. They're just backing away from life. *Reach* out. Take a *chance*. Get *hurt* even. But play as well as you can. Go team, go! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me a V. Give me an E. L-I-V-E. LIVE! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room."

    Staying in your protected shell with the wall up where I know I am safe is easy and safe because you are sheltered from feelings.

    Break out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete