More than a relationship

DV wrote a lovely posting which caused me to stop and reflect. Mostly reflect on what I have and what I want.

Right now I am in a relationship that offers me a level of caring that shows I am important, but it doesn't offer the level I want. The relationship I am in is not about money or material things its about having someone who understands my need to be controlled and the positive effects it has on my everyday well being. He makes me feel special by keeping touch with me throughout the day and we see each other once a week for that physical need of being touched. 

Yes I could survive without him but why should I, when he makes me feel better about myself, makes me feel confident, sexy, desired and his strength has helped me through a tough breakup.

Does he complete me, fullfill me...not in the way I am looking for in a relationship. Do we fit together like halves of a whole, no, but we do fit together for what we are looking for right now. We have been back together for almost a month now and I know it won't last forever but it is what we both need right now.

I am looking for that someone who completes me, someone who I can't hide from, someone who fights for a relationship and realizes that it takes work because not everything is perfect. I want to feel a level of safety & honesty that goes along with it and knowing that person will be there to hold on to at the end of the day. Someone who appreciates everything I have to offer and vice versa. Someone I can look to for strength, respect and love...I want more than a relationship, I want a partnership with the vanilla & kink wrapped so tight, you don't know where one stops and the next begins.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reference and glad you enjoyed the post. What you are seeking is attainable. You should never give up on searching for it. There is nothing wrong with what you have now for the short term either. At least you are able to stay in the groove and meet some of your needs short term. As always, I wish you all the luck in the world in finding what you need long term.

    DV

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want a partnership with vanilla & kink wrapped so tight, you don't know where one stops and the next begins."

    I love how you put that:)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, nice. Well put. I think you speak for many of us. Thanks

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I forgot to tell you, my e-mail address is aisha.hisservant@gmail.com. Message me anytime.

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poignant - I wrote exactly the same comment as 'K' concerning your 'vanilla and kink wrap' and then saw that she had already said it. Don't ever stop looking sbf, will you xxx

    ReplyDelete