Break

I woke up this morning to find I had 4 messages from dating sites with men who wanted to meet me. When it rains it pours.

But I made a decision...I am not dating anyone for the month of July. I am hiding my profiles and removing my ad. I know my friend is getting ready to shoot me an email saying no, no you need to get back out there. Maybe I have just been looking to hard, maybe I stopped listening to my instincts or maybe after you find the one that makes all the others pale in comparison its hard to go back...who the hell knows. All I know is I need a break from dating. Kitten for Sir commented that "a submissive tends to let her heart Dominate her" maybe on my break I can figure out how to fix that problem (just kidding).

I have plenty to do this month to keep myself busy. I want to do the spring cleaning I put off till summer. I have work. I have a stack of books (real ones) that I have bought and not read. My trainer has me on a new schedule this month. I have 11 days of no one in my house and after that I have access to a condo on the beach. I am going to visit my son in Orlando towards the end of the month. Before I know it the month will be gone.

So my apologizes now but for the next month this blog will be going vanilla, with an occasional wandering of my mind. I am just going to have to live vicariously through you guys.

Happy 4th of July to all!!

12 comments:

  1. And have a good one too SBF - oh, by the way, I was chasing butterflies with my camera for you today - they kept on landing on these beautiful thistle heads and I thought what a brilliant image that would be for you. But, sadly, I failed miserably!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a break sometimes. I will look forward to reading just as much. K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clive I love you..always have something wonderful to say! Keep chasing those butterflies and one day you may just catch one.

    K thanks my heart feels like its made of glass right now and I need to protect it from shattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why should you have to apologize?
    It's your life.
    You don't live it for our amusement.

    It's good to take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, good to take some time off and recharge your batteries. And no problem keeping a vanilla blog for a while. You are a good writer and will be interesting to read regardless of what you are doing.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  6. kitten agrees with oatmeal girl (love the name btw) in that there is no need for an apology, ESPECIALLY when you cannot predict the future...you may have intentions of vanilla, but one never knows what life has in store for them, so perhaps you close the door...but keep the window cracked an inch *giggles*

    i love that you are 'taking a break' from thinking about non-vanilla...when you let go of searching and seeking, that's usually when 'it' finds you *smiles*

    Ahhh July...a month of 'who knows?' *wink*

    Though we have not met, i have grown to adore you, little butterfly!

    Serenity and Happiness be with you!

    --kitten for Sir

    ReplyDelete
  7. They've already said it - do what you need to do to take care of yourself, we love you regardless, and life is full of surprises.

    hugs,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard several experienced people say that it's a good goal to shoot for a 90 day R&R between relationships. Hard as that sometimes is, I agree.

    I took a step back and do not regret it. It wasn't easy, but I learned a lot about myself (um..and got my house cleaned, too!).

    Just remember, YOU are the most important one. Use this time to love yourself, laugh, enjoy life and settle your mind and heart. Your path might be a little rocky right now, but it doesn't have to be lonely.

    You are loved and supported, now and always!!!

    BIG HUGS!!!
    Dannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. take care sbf, its good to take time for yourself.

    Hugs
    blossom xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have every right to protect your fragile as glass heart...just don't forget it's strong and brave, too.

    rest. read. retreat. return.

    we'll wait.

    Hug,

    nilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oatmeal Girl you are absolutely correct!

    Thank you Florida Dom, Aisha & Blossom for your kind words.

    Kitten for Sir always the optomist.

    Dannah where were you 5 months ago, that is good advice. Something I should have thought of myself.

    And a surprise visit from Nilla (one of my favorite writers), thanks for the hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi SBF - I have caught some butterflies (thanks to photoshop :-)) if you can let me have some way of contacting you I will send them over I am at cliveserves at gmail dotty com :)

    ReplyDelete