Happy 4th

Happy 4th of July!!

Yesterday, after my daughter left for Italy, I immediately began taking back my house. I turned on some music from the Ipod which consisted of everything from Nickleback & STP to Chris Botti & Dave Grusin. Yes a couple of the songs brought tears to my eyes but I just kept going. I started with the couch and what lives under the couch & cushions when your not looking? Glad you asked...jelly beans, socks, pennies, hair ties, droid figures, cat toys and some unidentifiable stuff. I vacuumed, scrubbed the kitchen and organized the garage shelves...next it will be the kids rooms and that could take days.

Today I am heading out to the condo on the beach with a friend to hang out at the pool. For me under the umbrella, her probably not. I burn, she tans. Last year I watched the fireworks from their so we'll see how the day goes.

I was surprised when "P" called me last night. I was lying around in a towel after my shower and the phone rang. I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up the phone. He called to chat before he left for his trip. Our conversation was as if nothing had happened the night before, he did apologize for not spending more time with me. He told me he would miss me and asked if he could make it up to me when he returns. I said sure, but I have no illusions about anything.

I still don't know what he wants from me, I don't even think he knows what he wants. Maybe just that something is missing from his life. Right before he hung up he said OK beautiful girl and my whole body reacted to his words. I wanted to touch myself but I didn't, sometimes I just enjoy the feeling of wanting it.

I am going to miss him but I'm still proceeding with caution (easy to say while he's not here).


4 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth! Hope you enjoy the day.

    And kind of nice that he wants to reach out to you... maybe, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burn too, my lizard is darker skinned and can stay out in the sun all day. I'm the umbrella and a book guy.

    I hope you have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 4th July have a lovely time at the beach, and do what you are doing and that is taking care of you.

    blossom xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good Fourth and maybe he realizes now he still wants to connect with you. Yes, be cautious but good luck.

    FD

    ReplyDelete