Ocean air

Something about the ocean air that gets the conversation going. We talked about a friend who has been living with a man for 4 yrs. He used to live in another state and they met on the Internet. She moved him down here and since he has arrived he hasn't worked one day, he doesn't have a car or have a drivers license. We think there are some DUI issues but really we were discussing this because I said I can't imagine going to work everyday and have him sit at home.

My friend said you have to look at it a different way, this girl had never had a relationship until very late in life. She didn't know what it was like to have a boyfriend or date, she lacked those skills. So when she met him and fell in love, she didn't think twice about him coming to live with her and support him. They are happy, he seems to treat her well. We talked about how to us it seemed strange that she wouldn't be resentful of him. My friend said she doesn't know any different. I wouldn't mind being a kept woman, its not a far leap from being the housewife I always wanted to be.

We also talked about how we knew a lot of women who are single but have a clear picture of what they want and they aren't settling for anything less. That doesn't mean finding a perfect person but more of a general idea of what you want out of a relationship. She knows I am not dating this month but she didn't know I was wavering in my decision. I had been thinking why not just get back out there?

It wasn't until we were talking about something else and she said do you know what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result - that was exactly how I had felt after the last guy. After I broke off my relationship in February I kept doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time. I was the hamster on the wheel. She reminded me why I was taking this break, I said I wasn't sure what would happen after the month was up...what will have changed? She said maybe I would have a clearer understanding of what I wanted and why the others didn't work out.

We both believe in the power of the universe, putting it out there. Being thankful for what you have, not what you want to have. I start & end everyday thanking the universe for everything I have, from my kids, family, health, car, air conditioner, house, money, etc. to the wonderful, loving man in my life.





1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the thankfulness, and lots of other things too. Well said.

    hugs,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete