Released

He text me during the day, hey beautiful girl can't wait to see you tonight, hey sexy girl can we change the time. So as the day went by I didn't even think he was going to make it, his work is very consuming. But that is something I am not bothered by, being in the corporate environment I am even used to it. He called to let me know he was running late and that he had a bad day but was looking forward to seeing me. It made me think of something I had read on DV's site “Strong men simply need women. This will never be understood by weak men. A strong man needs a woman at his feet, who is truly his. Anything else is less than his fulfillment".

But when he showed up something was off, he kissed me but then pulled away (several times). The embrace I had been looking forward to was not there. Then at different parts of the night he would touch me then pull away, like he had forgotten that he wasn't going to do that. We went to a late dinner, when he was running late I called the restaurant he enjoyed to see what time they closed. I joked with him that once an executive assistant always one, he said and a good assistant always has a plan B (and I did). Finding a restaurant that's open late on a Saturday is much easier than on a Monday night.

When we arrived home he turned off the car but left the window open, I knew. He turned to me and said he had a great time, that I needed to take care of myself and that he wouldn't be coming in. He said he was glad he had met me and we were able to spend time together. I smiled, wished him a good trip and said I had enjoyed his company as well. He pulled me in for several kisses and when he let go, he reached out and grabbed my hair and began to pull my head back. After a moment of just holding me there, he pulled me in again for another kiss. By this point the blood had rushed to my head and all I could hear was a buzzing sound. I got that embarrassed feeling and it was all I could do to keep a smiIe on my face. I turned to get out of the car and I saw him get out as well. He followed me on to the lawn and pulled me into an embrace and a kiss.

He said he would call me tomorrow, I found the statement absurd and laughed. He said that he would miss my laugh, I said something stupid like you will find someone else. Then he said I don't have time for this (meaning having a woman in his life), I asked him then why did you answer my ad. He kissed me again and then let me go. I said goodbye and never looked back.

During the whole time we were together I never got the impression he was a bad guy. He left me wondering...why did he pursue me even after I turned him down? why did he drive 45 minutes each way to see me all week? why did he open up about his personal life and get into mine? What was he looking for from me? I am left with more questions than answers.

Eleanor Roosevelt said "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart". I am glad he came into my life, even if it was just for a short time. I have no regrets and I consider him a friend. I found him to be a strong, sexy, kind, generous and loving man who had a profound effect on me. I hope he finds someone to fill that void in his life so that he can have the happiness I think he's looking for (whether he realizes it or not).
PS Thank you but I have turned off the comments for this posting.